This policy is specially designed for:
- Covering Persons with Disability as per The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and The Mental Healthcare Act, 2017. The cover under this policy is available for persons with the following disability/disabilities as defined under the Rights
of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and any subsequent additions / modifications to the list in the Act.
||2. Muscular Dystrophy
|3. Low vision
||4. Chronic Neurological conditions
|5. Leprosy Cured persons
||6. Specific Learning Disabilities
|7. Hearing Impairment (deaf and hard of hearing)
||8. Multiple Sclerosis
|9. Locomotor Disability
||10. Speech and Language disability
|13. Intellectual Disability
|15. Mental Illness
||16. Sickle Cell disease
|17. Autism spectrum disorder
||18. Multiple Disabilities including deaf/ blindness
|19. Cerebral Palsy
||20. Acid Attack victim
|21. Parkinson's disease
i. It is Condition Precedent that this cover can be availed only on mandatory submission of Disability certificate issued by the Medical Board appointed by the government of certifying Disability.
ii. Disability for the
purpose of this policy means a person with not less than forty percent of a specified disability as per the Act, where, specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes an Insured Person with disability where specified
disability has been defined in measurable terms, as Certified by Medical Board appointed by the government for certifying Disability.
Or / and
- Individuals with HIV/AIDS as defined under the Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017.
- The Insured may cancel this Policy by giving 15 days’ written notice, and in such an event, the Company shall refund premium on short term rates for the unexpired Policy Period as per the rates detailed in the policy terms and conditions.
- The Company may cancel the policy at any time on grounds of misrepresentation, non-disclosure of material facts, and fraud by the Insured Person by giving 15 days’ written notice.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. Registered Address: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400 051. Composite Corporate Agent IRDAI CoR No. CA0250.The information displayed above contains only an indication of the cover offered.
For more details on risk factors, terms, conditions, coverages and exclusions, please read the sales brochures carefully before concluding a sale. Insurance is offered and underwritten by Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd.
Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd.
Registered Office: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400051. Maharashtra, India. Toll Free: 1800 266 4545, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIN: U66000MH2014PLC260291. IRDAI Regn. No 152.
Kotak MediShield UIN - KOTHLIP23195V012223
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. Participation by Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.’s customers to buy insurance policy is purely voluntary and there is no direct or indirect linkage between the provision of banking services offered by Kotak
Mahindra Bank Ltd., to its customers and products/services offered by Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd. Insurance products/services are obligations of Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd and are not guaranteed by Kotak Mahindra
Bank Ltd. Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd. shall be liable or responsible for all matters arising out of or pertaining to the insurance products/ services offered by it.
Waiting Period in the policy
- Initial Waiting period - 30 days for all claims except resulting from Accident
- PED waiting period - 48 months (For pre-existing diseases other than the pre-existing Disability and HIV /AIDS covered)
- Specific Disease/ illness waiting period - 24 months
- Waiting Period and specific Sublimit for HIV/AIDS Cover
- 1. Initial waiting period of 30 days will be applicable for Indemnity basis cover
- 11. Sum Insured would be available for Hospitalisation Expenses as per terms and conditions of the policy
- Waiting Period and specific Sublimit for Disability Cover
1. 24 months initial waiting period is applicable for the pre-existing Disability covered under the policy
Major exclusions in the policy
Following is a partial list of the policy exclusions. Please refer to the policy document for the complete list of exclusions:
- Admission primarily for investigation & evaluation
- Admission primarily for rest Cure, rehabilitation and respite care
- Expenses related to the surgical treatment of obesity that do not fulfill certain conditions
- Change of Gender treatments
- Expenses for cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Expenses related to any treatment necessitated due to participation in hazardous or adventure sports
The policy shall ordinarily be renewable except on grounds of fraud, moral hazard, misrepresentation by the insured person. Renewal shall not be denied on the ground that the insured had made a claim or claims in the preceding policy years.