Updates over WhatsApp
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SURVEYOR AND LOSS ASSESSOR
1. It shall be the duty of every Licensed Surveyor and Loss Assessor to investigate, manage, quantify, validate and deal with losses (whether insured or not) arising from any contingency, and report thereon to the insurer or insured, as the case may be., All Licensed Surveyors and Loss Assessors shall carry out the said work with competence, objectivity and professional integrity and strictly adhere to the code of conduct as stipulated in these
(1) The following, shall, inter alia, be the duties and responsibilities of a Surveyor and Loss Assessor:-
For the purpose of this clause ‘relatives’ shall mean any of the relatives as defined in Subsection (77) of Section 2 of the Companies Act, 2013;
(2) A surveyor or loss assessor whether appointed by insurer or insured, shall submit his report to the insurer as expeditiously as possible, but not later than 30 days of his appointment, with a copy of the report to the insured giving his comments on the insured’s consent or otherwise on the assessment of loss. Where, in special circumstances of the case, either due to its special and complicated nature, the surveyor shall under intimation to the insured, seek an extension, in any case not exceeding six months from the insurer for submission of his report.
(3) In cases where the Survey report is pending due to non-completion of documents, the surveyor may issue the final survey report independently based on the available documents on record, giving minimum three reminders in writing to the insured.
(4) If an insurer, on the receipt of a survey report, finds that it is incomplete in any respect, he shall require the surveyor under intimation to the insured, to furnish an additional report on such incomplete issues. Such a request may be made by the insurer within 15 days of the receipt of the original survey report. Provided that the facility of calling for an additional report by the insurer shall not be resorted to more than once in the case of a claim.
(5) The surveyor on receipt of this communication shall furnish an additional report within three weeks of the date of receipt of communication from the insurer.
To know more about duties and responsibilities of a surveyor and loss assessor, click here