Updates over WhatsApp
In India, number plates are perhaps one of the most crucial legal accessories for any vehicle and serve as the primary component of vehicle registration. The RTO is an important department in every state that manages all services, even number plate registration, related to cars. Each vehicle in India is issued a unique license or registration number by the RTO offices in each state, and they should always be clearly visible as per the Traffic Rules in India.
They are available in a range of colors and combinations. But have you ever thought about the significance of these colors? Let's explore.
There are presently eight distinct types of number plates in India, which we have enlisted below, along with what they signify.
• White Color Number Plate - These are regular license plates that are solely available for individual usage.
• Yellow Color Number Plate - Yellow license plates include black text arrangements and can only be used for commercial purposes. Additionally, a commercial driver's license is required for the driver to use the vehicle.
• Green Color Number Plate - These are utilized in electric-powered vehicles such as buses and cars.
• Red Color Number Plate - They are temporary license plates for newly bought vehicles. When the owner's one-month validity period expires, they must get a permanent license plate.
• Blue Color Number Plate - These number plates are only granted to foreign dignitaries for their automobiles. They must display symbols on their license plates like CC (Consular Corps) and UN (United Nations). The nation's code of the diplomat must be visible on the license plate as per the traffic rules.
• Black Color Number Plate - These car license plates are for "A" class, premium resort transportation.
• Upward Arrow Number Plate - These are provided for use with military vehicles.
• Red-colored Number Plate with Indian Emblem - These used to be given to presidents and governors, among other elected leaders. Currently, they are not in use.
Before driving a new car, a driver must apply for a registration number. Driving an unregistered car is against the nation's motor traffic rules. If you are found or caught driving an unregistered vehicle, you might face serious punishment or/and fines. When you are driving, you must also have documentation of your insurance and registration. You cannot obtain the legally needed third-party vehicle insurance policies or file claims for any auto insurance without a valid registration certificate.
Choosing a number plate for your automobile should be considered important, as it is your legal duty rather than just another thing to check off your list.
If you own a new car, you should also think about getting car insurance to safeguard your finances in case something unfortunate happens on the road.
Benefits of car insurance
A car insurance can help you offset substantial financial loss that you may incur because of damage caused to your car
Must have Add On Covers for Car Insurance
A basic comprehensive car insurance covers damage to car, 3rd party liability and theft & loss of vehicle.
Right time to buy vehicle insurance
Buying a vehicle insurance is an important decision and you need to ensure that you make a timely purchase of vehicle insurance
Know How Car Insurance Premium Is Calculated
Car insurance premium calculation is based on various important factors. Learn about these factors.
Rules to follow for safe driving
Know About The Important Road Safety Rules To Follow
Significance of a motor vehicle insurance policy
Apart from financial security, know in what all ways a motor insurance policy is significant.
Maintenance tips for car engine
Follow these maintenance tips and buy a car insurance with engine protection cover to keep engine secure.
Monsoon Tips for Car
Simple tips to help you stay safe and keep your car moving ahead during monsoon.
What is Zero Depreciation Cover
Read on to understand what is zero depreciation car insurance cover and how it works.
Questions Regarding Motor Insurance Policies
Essential questions answered about motor insurance policies in India.