Introduction to RTO office (Vadodara)
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, Gujarat's Department of Transportation includes the Regional Transport Office of Vadodara as a division. Vadodara (sometimes referred to as Baroda) is the second-largest city in Gujarat and a major hub for the chemical industry. The Vadodara RTO administers the relevant laws and norms and offers timely services to drivers and owners of vehicles, including licence issuing and car registration, among other things.
Functions of RTO office (Vadodara)
Providing effective services for drivers and vehicles is one of the RTO Vadodara's main duties. A range of vehicle-related tasks and services are handled by the RTO office in Vadodara and may be accessed via online appointments with the RTO Vadodara.
The major services provided by the RTO in Vadodara are highlighted in the following categories.:
RTO services pertaining to drivers
• Issuing and renewing learner's & driver's licences and foreign driving permits.
• Conducting tests for those seeking learner's licences and driving licences.
• In the instance that a licence is lost or damaged, issuing a duplicate licence.
• Taking correction requests for DL into account.
• Including new vehicles on an already-issued driving licence
RTO services pertaining to vehicles
• Issuance and renewal of temporary and permanent registration certificates (RC) for private and commercial vehicles.
• Assign cars either permanent or temporary registration numbers.
• Issuing duplicate trade certificates, renewing trade certificates, and issuing trade certificates.
• Issuing duplicate copies of RC.
• Changing address in the RC.
• Granting regular and temporary vehicle licences and collecting fees for their issuance.
• At checkpoints, an inspection of vehicles.
• Provides a variety of commercial vehicle licences.
• Checks vehicle emissions to make sure they meet pollution standards.
Road tax collection
• Accountable for the collection of road tax during car registration.
• Also charges a fee for the different services it provides.
RTO & ARTO offices in Vadodara
36 ARTO and RTO offices, including the Vadodara RTO office, are scattered throughout Gujarat in various parts of the state. Every car registered in the state has a code appended to its licence plate that is distributed to RTO offices around the country. This code helps to identify the region it stands for.
Contact information and the office's address of the Vadodara RTO Office are shown in the following table:
Types of Driving Licence Issued at RTO Office (Vadodara)
The types of driving licences that are issued in the RTO Vadodara are shown below:
• Driving licence for a motorcycle without gear
• Driving licence for motorcycle with gear
• Driving licence for medium/heavy passenger vehicle
• Driving licence for medium goods vehicle
• Driving licence for heavy goods vehicle
• Driving licence for invalid carriage
Motor insurance must be purchased in accordance with RTO regulations in order to use a vehicle.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.