Updates over WhatsApp
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance is now simple. With digitisation, you can do two-wheeler insurance renewal with a click of your finger and hardly any paperwork.
However, while renewing your two-wheeler insurance, you must avoid these basic mistakes to prevent loss of any benefits and claim-related disputes later. Let's check the common mistakes to avoid while renewing the two-wheeler insurance.
1. Missing your NCB claim: No claim bonus (NCB) is a reward that you get for not claiming any coverage during the policy tenure. The bike owner can claim this discount while renewing the policy for decreasing the premium amount on the insurance. NCB can be claimed within 90 days of the policy expiry date. This is the reason why it is prudent to renew your insurance policy before the expiry date.
2. Not Reading Your Terms And Conditions Carefully: The policy terms and conditions keep changing and are not always the same. The insurer may have to revise the policy terms to abide by the regulatory changes or maintain proficiency in business. Reading all terms and conditions while renewing your policy is vital to understand that your insurance coverage meets all your requirements.
Moreover, you are aware of the rightful coverage you would get in case of a claim.
3. Not Informing Your Insurer About Any Modifications: Motorbike enthusiasts keep customising their bikes but fail to inform the insurer. Moreover, they do not find it to be a big deal to let the insurance provider know about the modification. Not informing the insurer may lead to a lower claim amount or even render the cover ineffective.
If you have recently made any modification to your two-wheeler vehicle, remember to inform the same during policy renewal to avoid any claim disputes.
4. Providing Incorrect Details: One of the biggest mistakes that can be easily avoidable is filling incorrect details during the two-wheeler policy renewal. You should carefully type the owner's name, registration number, and previous policy details while filling in the details for your car insurance renewal. Even if the name of the owner doesn't match with your insurance policy documents, your policy will be invalid.
5. Not Assessing Your Add-Ons For Extra Coverage: Add-ons are a big financial saviour in case your bike meets with an accident. While renewing your two-wheeler insurance, you may often ignore add-ons, but having one will always be beneficial. For instance, if you have an engine protection add-on, you can immediately place a request for a claim if your bike's engine is damaged.
6. Avoiding Personal Accident Cover: Buying a personal accident cover is a must in India as per the rules and regulations. It can be covered if you have a comprehensive insurance policy. You just need to have a single personal cover if you own multiple vehicles.
7. Procrastinating the renewal process till the last moment: Renewing your insurance at the last moment leaves you with no time to assess your requirements and then choose your coverage amount. In such a scenario, you may miss out on including a few important add-ons and thus end up paying premiums for coverage that doesn't suit your needs.
Though renewing bike insurance is a straightforward process, you may make these mistakes due to insufficient knowledge about insurance renewal. You can renew your two-wheeler insurance online with Kotak General Insurance. You will just have to visit the website, click on the required details and make payment. You can also get online assistance via chat with our insurance experts and make an informed decision.
I/we give my/our consent to receive information in respect of policy servicing, claim servicing, updates on my policy, updates on new and existing product, marketing or servicing my relationship with Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited, its group companies/associates or agents through Telephone/Mobile/SMS/e-Mail, etc. Further, i/we understand that my/our consent to receive calls/communications shall be valid and shall prevail over my/our current or any subsequent registration of my/our number for the NDNC and shall continue to be treated as my/our consent/acceptance. (If you do not wish to accord your consent, please submit a Do Not Call (DNC) form alongwith this form.
I/we have understood the form, including the clause on consent to call, and i/we have agreed the same after understanding and accepting the terms contained therein.
Benefits of car insurance
A car insurance can help you offset substantial financial loss that you may incur because of damage caused to your car
Must have Add On Covers for Car Insurance
A basic comprehensive car insurance covers damage to car, 3rd party liability and theft & loss of vehicle.
Right time to buy vehicle insurance
Buying a vehicle insurance is an important decision and you need to ensure that you make a timely purchase of vehicle insurance
Know How Car Insurance Premium Is Calculated
Car insurance premium calculation is based on various important factors. Learn about these factors.
Rules to follow for safe driving
Know About The Important Road Safety Rules To Follow
Significance of a motor vehicle insurance policy
Apart from financial security, know in what all ways a motor insurance policy is significant.
Maintenance tips for car engine
Follow these maintenance tips and buy a car insurance with engine protection cover to keep engine secure.
Monsoon Tips for Car
Simple tips to help you stay safe and keep your car moving ahead during monsoon.
What is Zero Depreciation Cover
Read on to understand what is zero depreciation car insurance cover and how it works.
Questions Regarding Motor Insurance Policies
Essential questions answered about motor insurance policies in India.
To optimise our site experience on your handheld device, please hold your phone vertically.