Learn to upload driving licence and RC in DigiLocker and mParivahan
The government of India has introduced some useful applications, like DigiLocker and mParivahan, where individuals can store and access certain official documents in their digital form. This allows users to enjoy the benefit of paperless services, and you can learn how to upload documents in DigiLocker and mParivahan on this page.
DigiLocker is a type of digital document locker where individuals can easily upload and store certain government-issued documents. It enables easy paperless access to these files on the go, and some examples of documents it can store include Voter ID cards, PAN cards, Driving licences, etc. Learn more about how to upload documents in DigiLocker down below.
In the recent Union Budget update on 1st Feb 2023, there has been a special impetus on the applicability of DigiLocker as a repository of health documents and a one-stop shop for KYC to streamline the process for individuals and companies. This would be revolutionary and surely help Indians to consolidate their financial and health documents.
The best part of storing your documents in DigiLocker is that they are considered original when you need to produce them for verification by the traffic police. So, there is no need to carry your original driving license or Registration Certificate (RC); you just need to download the same from DigiLocker and show it.
To upload your driving licence (DL) in DigiLocker, follow these steps:
1. Go to the official DigiLocker mobile application or the website.
2. Sign in or create an account if you are new by providing details like your name, DOB, mobile number, email ID and Aadhaar number and hit “Submit.”
3. After your account gets created and verified, select the “Search Documents” option and then search for “Driving Licence” and open it.
4. Now, choose your state transport department from the list.
5. Then enter your details like full name, DOB and Driving Licence number.
6. Finally, click on “Get Document” and wait a few seconds for the platform to fetch and save your DL.
To upload your registration certificate (RC) in DigiLocker, follow these steps:
1. Visit the DigiLocker app or website and sign in to your registered account
2. Select the “Search Documents” option, search for “Registration of Vehicles”, and tap to open it
3. Find and select your state transport department
4. Enter the required details like your full name, vehicle registration number and vehicle chassis number
5. Select “Get Document”, and wait for a few seconds for DigiLocker to fetch and save your RC.
The mParivahan app is under the MoRTH and allows individuals to digitally store and access vehicle-related documents like registration certificates, driving licences, motor insurance, etc.
Here’s how you can upload your driving licence in mParivahan:
1. Download the mParivahan app and create an account by providing details like your mobile number, OTP code, full name, etc.
2. Select the “My Virtual DL” option, and then enter your driving licence number and DOB in the “Create Virtual DL” window.
3. Click on the “Add My Driving Licence” button, enter the OTP and choose “Submit” to complete the DL upload process.
Here’s how you can upload your registration certificate in mParivahan:
1. Launch the mParivahan app and sign in to your account
2. Click on “My Virtual RC”, and then in the “Create Virtual RC” window, enter your vehicle number, the last 5 digits of your vehicle’s chassis number, and the engine number.
3. Click on the “Add My Vehicle” button, enter the OTP and pick “Submit” to complete the RC upload process.
These are the steps under how to upload documents in DigiLocker and mParivahan. Alongside carrying digital versions of vehicle documents, make sure to invest in good car insurance for financial coverage against damages incurred under unforeseen circumstances.