The development and upkeep of public services, such as the operation of public transportation, encouragement of private sector investment in the transportation sector, registration of motor vehicles, etc., are the purview of West Bengal's Transport Department. The department also implements and administers the state's motor vehicle laws and regulations through various RTO & ARTO offices in West Bengal.
These RTOs and ARTOs are responsible for providing services, including the motor registration process, motor vehicle tax collection, issuing various driving licences, and many other functions, which we have enlisted below.
Functions of RTO Office West Bengal
• Issuing heavy goods vehicle driving licence
• Issuing a learner's licence
• Issuing permanent licence
• Issuing duplicate RC
• Address change in RC
• Issuing various permits for stage carriers
• Permanent and temporary registration of the vehicle
• Issuing special and temporary permits
• Road tax collection
• Looking after the road and transportation laws
• Levying fine on the vehicles
• Issuing fitness certificates for commercial vehicles
List of ARTO & RTO offices in West Bengal (with codes)
Types of Driving Licence (DL) issued at RTO Office in West Bengal
The following are the driving licence issues at the RTO office in West Bengal:
• Light motor vehicle for commercial purposes
• Heavy-duty vehicle for the non-transport purpose
• Motorcycle licence without gear
• Motorcycle with above 50 CC
• International Driving Permit
• Two-wheeler vehicle with 50 CC or less
• Licence for trailer and Road Roller, etc.
With all the information provided above, it will be easier to find an RTO office near you and obtain your licences and permits without any hassle. However, if you want to apply for the DL, you can visit the RTO office for the same.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.