Read about RTO Office Telangana. For more information, check out the car & bike insurance policy from Kotak General Insurance.
To manage all transport-related concerns in the state, the Telangana Government established various RTOs (Regional Transport Offices). The RTOs are accountable for enforcing the Telangana Motor Vehicles Act of 1963 and the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
All vehicle registration and licensing processes within an area are handled by the RTO office of that region. This also offers a platform where individuals can learn more about the many rules and processes pertaining to owning and registering a car, transferring ownership of a car, and many others.
• The main responsibility of the RTO office is to issue driving permits/licences. It comprises all different kinds of driver's licences, including duplicate, international, temporary, and permanent.
• A trade certificate, temporary or permanent vehicle registration, address change, duplicate or renewed registration, etc., can all be obtained at the RTO.
• The Telangana RTO office is also in charge of collecting additional taxes, such as the border tax, quarterly tax, green tax, etc. It must also handle situations involving tax exemptions.
• Additionally, it cancels, renews, and reissues licences. This is offered for many different forms of transportation, including buses, rickshaws, taxis, trailers, road rollers, and cargo.
• Additionally, it offers certifications of fitness for transport vehicles.
• The Telangana RTO office also handles any charges (prosecution and compounding) brought by the Telangana transport department.
• Additionally, RTOs are in charge of collecting all costs related to the issuance of licences, car registration, etc.
Here is the list of all the ARTO and RTOs present in Telangana.
TS - 01
TS - 03
TS - 09
TS - 10
TS - 11
TS - 12
TS - 13
Reserved for Hyderabad
TS - 14
TS - 16
TS - 24
TS - 17
TS - 18
TS - 19
Kumaram Bheem Asifabad
TS - 20
TS - 22
TS - 23
TS - 24
TS - 25
TS - 26
TS - 27
Driving licences come in a variety of forms, and Telangana RTO Office offers them all.
• Two-wheeler licence for motorcycles with 50cc engine
• Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) licence for geared motorcycles
• Light-duty licence for a vehicle not being used for transportation
• Heavy Passenger motor vehicle licence or open licence
• Heavy goods motor vehicle licence
• Heavy trailer licence to those who possess heavy-duty vehicle licences.
That's all for the RTO offices in Telangana, their functions, and the types of licences they issue for the drivers. To apply for the licence, you can go to the nearest RTO office in your region. Avoid fines & punishment by following all the rules laid down by the state governments, including having valid motor insurance.