RTO Office Panvel Address, Phone, Timings & RTO Code
Panvel is located in the district of Raigad and is one of the highly populated cities owing to its closeness to Mumbai. The city is located on the banks of the Gadhi river which flows all the way to the Arabian sea and has hills on two sides.
The beautiful city has well-planned roads and serves as an important junction to some of the major highways. To keep Panvel flowing smoothly, efficient management of road transportation is necessary. RTO Panvel, established under Section 213 of the Motor Vehicle Act, takes care of traffic rules and regulations in Panvel. The Panvel RTO is governed by the Maharashtra State Transport Department.
Panvel MH-46 Central Facility Building, Steel Market, Kalamboli, Panvel Taluka, Raigad District, Maharashtra - 410218
Office Timings- 10:30 AM-5:30 PM
The basic functions of the RTO office in Panvel are similar to those of other RTO Offices in Maharashtra. Given below is a list of the primary functions performed by the office.
• It issues drivers’ licenses as well as learners’ licenses
• It renews driving licenses and also provides duplicates of registered certificates in case of misplacement
• It issues international drivers’ licenses
• RTO Panvel issues and renews registration certificates
• It issues NOC, permits for carriage of goods, and fitness certificate of commercial vehicles
• It transfers ownership of vehicles
• RTO Panvel collects the required taxes and fines
• It promotes road safety rules and pollution care norms.
There are two types of vehicle registration done at RTO Panvel. They are-
• Temporary registration
During the purchase of a car, the dealer issues a temporary registration certificate of the car that remains valid for 7 days from the day of issuance. It can be extended for a maximum of one month. This temporary registration certificate needs to be taken to the RTO and registered.
• Permanent registration
On submitting the temporary registration certificate and necessary documents, a permanent registration certificate is issued which is mandatory to have.
Here is a list of the types of driving licenses issued by RTO Panvel-
• Motorcycle with an engine capacity of 50 cc or less
This is a basic two-wheeler driving license issued to individuals who are 16 years or older. Under the age of 18 years, an approval letter from a guardian or parent is necessary along with other documents.
• Two-wheeler with gear (MCGW)
It is a legal permit that allows the owner to ride two-wheelers with gear such as motorcycles and scooters.
• Two-wheeler without gear (MCGOW)
It is a legal permit that allows the owner to drive any two-wheeler that does have any gears such as mopeds.
• LMV license
It is a legal permit to drive light motor vehicles like cars, vans, jeeps, etc.
• License for heavy commercial vehicles
This license allows the drivers to drive heavy and commercial vehicles like buses, trucks, etc.