With lakhs of registered vehicles, Odisha Road Transport Dept. places a strong emphasis on a holistic approach to road safety. RTO office Odisha is a division of the Government of Odisha's Transport Department and operates in accordance with the terms of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 in accordance with other crucial transport laws of the state. Every RTO office in Odisha ensures that section 213 of the Vehicles Provision Act is followed properly without any discrepancies.
There are 34 RTOs in Odisha, and in order to provide secure, efficient, and safe traveling. Let's go through the functioning of the RTO office in Odisha.
Functions of RTO Office - Odisha
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, the RTO ensures that appropriate road safety measures are in place. The RTO office in Odisha carries out the following duties:
• Temporary & permanent vehicle registration, ownership transfer, issuance of duplicate registration certificate, and renewal of registration.
• Issuance of learner's & permanent driving licence, and also duplicate driving licence.
• Renewal of driving licence and issuing the international driving permit.
• Collection of road tax, quarterly taxes, lifetime tax, composite tax, etc.
• Issuing permits for auto rickshaws, prepaid taxis, luxury cabs, stage carriers, and other commercial vehicles.
• Charging fines and seizing cars for violations relating to transportation laws.
• Collection of fees for licence, vehicle registration, transferring ownership, duplicate RC, pollution under control certificate, address change, etc.
• Ensure that the motor vehicle act's regulations are observed by vehicles on the road and occasionally carry out inspections.
These were some of the essential functions which are covered by the RTO office in Odisha.
List of ARTO & RTO offices in Odisha
Types of Driving Licence (DL) issued at RTO office in Odisha
In Odisha, a candidate may submit an application for any of the following driving licence types. Depending on the kind of vehicle, the applicant is given a driving licence for:
• Motorcycles without gear
• Motorcycles with gear
• Light motor vehicle
• Medium goods vehicle
• Medium passenger motor vehicle
• Heavy goods vehicle
• Trailer, Road roller, etc.
Visit the nearby RTO office or apply online via www.parivahan.gov.in for the Driving licence. Similar to how you need a driver's licence to operate a car, you also need car insurance (a legal requirement) in India to drive a vehicle on a public road.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.