Learn about the Noida RTO, its functions, and the types of vehicle registration and driving licenses available. Get insured with Kotak General Insurance today.
Did you know Noida stands for New Okhla Industrial Development Authority and was officially brought into being in the year 1976? Now home to various well-known educational institutes, Noida is also one of the world’s most happening outsourcing hubs. Be it shopping malls, state-of-the-art hospitals or prominent hotels, Noida is indeed a modern world-class city.
With people coming to this beautiful green city from not just all over the country, but the globe, it is only natural that the roads bear the load of tremendous traffic. As a part of Uttar Pradesh, Noida RTO falls under the authority of the UP-Transport Department and functions as per the guidelines laid down by Section 213 of the 1988’s Motor Vehicle Act.
RTO Noida address:
Sector 32, Opposite NTPC, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, 201301 You can visit the above RTO Noida between 10 AM- 02:00 PM.
Listed below are a few key responsibilities of the RTO office Noida,
• Issuance of driver’s licenses (beginner's as well as permanent)
• Renewing driving licenses
• Furnishing registration certificates to your vehicles
• Transfer of ownership of your vehicle
• Issuing duplicate driver’s license in case the original is lost
• Collection of fines and road taxes
• Furnishing vehicle fitness proof
• Conducting campaigns related to road safety and security
• Introducing rules to improve traffic rules and vehicle safety
Every vehicle type requires a different kind of license to freely drive on the roads of Noida. Considering the same RTO Noida issues the following types of driver’s licenses,
• MCWOG driving license Driving licenses for a motorcycle without Gear are issued to individuals who are above the age of 18 years
• MCWG driving license Driving licenses for a motorcycle with gear are also issued to people above 18 years
• LMV driving license Driving licenses for light motor vehicle is issued by RTO Noida to those above 18 years
• MGC, HPMV, HMV, HGMV, etc. driving licenses Driving licenses for heavy motor vehicles, the RTO Office Noida issues heavy productivity motor vehicles, heavy goods motor vehicles, heavy motor vehicles, etc.
• The motor vehicle below 50 CC Applicants above 16 are issued with a driving license with a maximum engine capacity of 50 CC.
To drive a vehicle anywhere in India, you must have an authentic registration number for your vehicle. RTO Office Noida issues the following types of vehicle registration certificates,
• Temporary Registration A temporary type of vehicle registration is issued to applicants for 7-30 days. This type of registration certificate is usually issued to new vehicle owners till they receive their permanent vehicle registration certificate
• Permanent registration Once you apply for a permanent registration certificate for your vehicle after submitting all the required documents, you are issued a permanent vehicle registration certificate after the verification
You can get a permanent vehicle registration certificate for your vehicle in just a few simple steps as below,
• Visit the RTO Noida’s original webpage, you can also visit the office physically
• Fill up the application form and attach the relevant documents
• Pay the application fee
• Once the application is verified, and the vehicle is inspected you will be issued a permanent vehicle registration certificate.