Read about RTO Office in Lucknow
Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh is known as the city of Nawabs and is famous for its rich history, architecture and cuisine. The city hosts a range of tourist spots like Bada Imambara, Chattar Masjid, and many others that attract tourists all around the year. The city with a population of about 3 million is developing at a steady rate. The capital is also a hub for employment opportunities which all further increases the growing burden on the city’s transport system. The Regional Transport Office, RTO Lucknow, established under Section 213 of the Motor Vehicle Act, ensures that traffic rules and regulations are properly maintained.
Hind Nagar Colony, Transport Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh ‒ 226012
10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Let’s look at the important functions that are performed by the RTO Lucknow in order to ensure all the vehicles running on the roads of Lucknow follow the standard protocols.
• It is in charge of the issuance and renewal of driver's licenses, as well as vehicle registration certificates.
• It is responsible for issuing vehicle registration numbers
• It issues permits and renews driving certificates of public transportation vehicles
• RTO Lucknow also issues registration and fitness certificates for commercial vehicles
• If you misplaced your driver's license or vehicle registration documents, you can apply to the Lucknow RTO office both online and offline and receive duplicate copies of the missing documents
• It issues a PUC certificate to the vehicles that comply with the environmental norms
• It takes care of road safety and pollution control measures
• It collects tax and fines for the government.
RTO Lucknow offers two types of vehicle registration services-
When a new car is purchased, the dealer issues a temporary registration certificate that can be used for the first seven days following the date of delivery, which can be extended to one month at most. One can use this to apply for permanent registration.
The applicant must obtain a valid permanent registration certificate from the RTO office as soon as possible. Once the necessary documents are submitted, it is issued by the office.
Given below is a list of the type of driving licenses that are issued by the Lucknow RTO Office
It is the most basic type of license for which individuals as young as 16 years old can apply. However, for applicants under the age of 18 years, the approval of a guardian or parent is necessary.
It is a legal permit issued to drivers who ride scooters or bikes with gear.
Individuals with this type of license can ride any two-wheeler without gear such as models, scooters without gear, etc.
This license allows the owner to drive vehicles such as vans, cars, jeeps, and three-wheelers as these vehicles are classified as light motor vehicles.
This license allows the driver to drive passenger vehicles or heavy goods for commercial purposes.