Karnataka is a large state with a large network of roads, and the government has a lot of responsibilities in transportation & road safety. Therefore, the RTO Offices located all around the state assist the government in enforcing laws and collecting taxes.
Many cities and districts in Karnataka have RTO offices established as per the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988. The RTO office performs several more duties in addition to simply upholding the law in Karnataka, which we have discussed below.
Functions of RTO Office Karnataka
The primary responsibility of the RTO office in Karnataka are as follows:
• Renewal of RC (Registration Certificate)
• Issue Duplicate RC
• Renewal & Issuance of various types of Driving Licence
• Cancellation Vehicle Hire-Purchase Agreement
• Temporary & Permanent Vehicle Registration
• Endorsement of Vehicle Hire-Purchase
• Recording changes in the address & other details of the vehicle owner
• Audit & Manage Tax Payment
• Issuing Vehicle Fitness Certificate
List of ARTO & RTO offices in Karnataka (with code)
Types of Driving Licence Issued at RTO Office, Karnataka
The following are the types of driving licences issued at the RTO office in Karnataka:
• Two-wheeler motorcycles licence for an engine capacity of 50 ccs or less.
• Heavy goods motor vehicle licence
• Light motor vehicle licence for commercial use
• Light motor vehicle licence for the non-transport purpose
• Heavy passenger motor vehicle or open licence
• Light motor vehicle licence with gear for engine capacity of 50 ccs or more.
• Light motor vehicle licence without gear (of any cc)
• A heavy trailer licence for those who already have a heavy vehicle driving licence
That’s all for the brief overview of the RTOs in Karnataka. With the information given above, it will be easier for you to find your specific RTO and get your driving licence or any vehicle permit with the due application process. Moreover, follow all the traffic rules to avoid any fines, which includes having valid & up-to-date motor insurance.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.