Read about RTO office Jharkhand. For more information, check out the car & bike insurance policy from Kotak General Insurance.
The government organization responsible for registering all the cars in Jharkhand is the Regional Transport Office (RTO) Jharkhand. Every state has a number of RTOs dispersed throughout, and these offices provide citizens with a range of licence and transport-related services.
Under section 213 (1) of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, the Jharkhand RTO Office was established. The major responsibility of the Jharkhand RTO is to carry out the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. The 24 distinct District Transport Offices (DTO) that make up the Jharkhand RTO are all overseen by the state of Jharkhand's transportation department, headed by the RTO Commissioner.
In Jharkhand, the RTO office is responsible for a number of tasks related to vehicle permits, licences, registrations, etc. The Jharkhand government performs the following vehicle-related duties:
• It is in charge of issuing learner's permits, driving licences, etc., to residents of the state.
• Document renewals for driver's licences and certificates for car registration are also handled by the Jharkhand RTO. Both temporary and permanent car registration are kept in different databases by the RTO.
• All of the cars in the state are regularly & precisely tracked by Jharkhand RTO.
• The Jharkhand RTO is also in charge of overseeing the collection of various taxes, including the border tax, quarterly tax, green tax, lifetime tax, etc. It must also handle situations involving tax exemptions.
• Additionally, RTOs are in charge of collecting any fines and costs associated with things like obtaining a licence, registering a car, etc.
• Any vehicle records may be made available by the Jharkhand RTO for any investigational reason. In addition, the Jharkhand RTO has the right to discard the registration if deemed necessary.
• By examining the cars' pollution levels, the RTO may assess if they can fulfill environmental standards while operating on public roads. As a result, the RTO issues automobiles with a Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate.
Bokaro Steel City
Hazaribagh / Ramgarh
In Jharkhand, a driver's licence is given out based on the vehicle type they want to use. According to the following categories for driving licences, a person may obtain one in Jharkhand:
• A driving licence for a motorcycle without a gear (like Scooty or Moppet)
• Driving licence issued for LMVs (Light Motor Vehicles)
• Driving licence issued for a transport vehicle
• For heavy motor vehicles, like trucks, lorries, trailers, or road rollers, etc.
As accountable citizens, we must be aware of our duties and register our automobiles with the Jharkhand RTO Office. Visit your nearest RTO office to get your licence issued and any other related work.