Introduction to RTO Office - Himachal Pradesh
In accordance with the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, the Regional Transport Office (RTO) or Regional Transport Authority (RTA) in Himachal Pradesh is the government entity in charge of executing all the obligations and responsibilities listed therein.
India's Regional Transport Offices, which are a division of the Motor Vehicles Department, are located in each state and city. The Transport Department of Himachal Pradesh functions under the same act and is headed by the Transport Commissioner. If you possess a car and want to drive it on the roads of Himachal Pradesh, you must register it with one of the RTOs (Regional Transport Offices) in the state.
Functions of RTO office - Himachal Pradesh
The licensing of drivers and registration of cars are under the authority of the Himachal Pradesh RTO Office. RTO also performs a number of additional tasks, including-
• Issuing new licences and renewing existing ones for drivers, conductors, learners, and other licence holders.
• Obtaining a duplicate registration card, registering a vehicle, changing ownership, and registering a change of address on a registration card are all registration-related services. A new class of cars can be registered, and a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is issued, etc.
• Imposes penalties on people who violate the 1988 Motor Vehicle Act.
• Collecting Road Tax, also known as Motor Vehicle Tax, in accordance with the 1988 Motor Vehicles Act, handling any motor department action cases, and collecting the vehicle inspection price
• Token taxes are collected online.
• Inspection of a vehicle for certification of fitness, clearing of accident cars, and verification of insurance and Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate validity.
• Issuing different travel and transportation licences, including the International Driving Permit, the All India Tourist Vehicle Authorisation, and Permit, as well as a regional and federal licence for commercial vehicles.
List of ARTO & RTO offices in Himachal Pradesh
Types of Driving Licence Issued at RTO Office - Himachal Pradesh
According to the kind of vehicle a person intends to drive, a driving licence is given out in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Here is a list of the various licences that the Himachal Pradesh RTO Office issues:
• Motorcycle with/without gear
• Light motor vehicle
• Heavy goods vehicle
• Medium/Heavy passenger vehicle
• Medium goods vehicle
• Road roller/Trailer licence
• International Driving Permit
Numerous vehicles may be seen in India, which is a sign of the sector's booming expansion in that country. The demand for good car insurance has also been rising rapidly along with the escalating use of vehicles. Moreover, to operate a car, you must acquire motor insurance in accordance with RTO guidelines.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.