Our comprehensive guide to the RTO Office in Gurgaon for motor insurance makes the process easy and stress-free
Dream city Gurgaon, now called Gurugram, is the second commercial capital of India after Mumbai. Over 60% of Fortune 500 companies across the world have offices functioning in Gurgaon. People throughout India come to Gurgaon for employment and tourism. A bustling city with a population of over 902,112 and more than 8 million vehicles running on the roads of Gurgaon, and the number is expanding every day.
Managing traffic seamlessly in Gurgaon is indeed a big task. RTO Gurgaon is responsible for the same. The code of RTO Gurugram is ‘HR’. The RTO Office in Gurgaon enforces the rules and regulations outlined in the Motor Vehicle Act.
Vehicle Specific RTO Office
RTO Office Location
The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram (North), Haryana - 122018
(91)-124-2321808 / 2224444
Commercial vehicles only
The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram, Haryana - 122001
Private vehicles only
The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram (South), Haryana - 122018
Please keep in mind that the RTO office in Gurgaon is open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Every RTO Office in the city functions almost in a similar way and performs the same responsibilities as follows:
• They issue driver’s licenses, and conductor’s licenses
• Promoting road safety measures
• Checking and controlling pollution
• Fees and tax collection
• Driver’s license
• Implementations of changes as per the Motor Vehicle Act
• Registration of motor vehicles
• Issuing and renewing transport vehicles
• Providing a fitness certificate for the transport vehicles
The provision to issue the driver’s licence to individuals varies based on vehicle type, purpose, and loading capacity. Below are a few types of driver’s licences issued by the RTO office in Gurgaon,
• Driving licences for vehicles with an engine capacity up to 50CC
• Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) driving licences
• Driving licences for geared vehicles and vehicles with engine capacities over 50CC
• Driving licences issued to transportation vehicles or commercial motor vehicles.
The RTO Office in Gurgaon provides the following types of vehicle registration
• Temporary registration of a vehicle When the vehicle is Vehicles that are transported to different states are issued a temporary vehicle registration number. This number is only valid for one month until a permanent registration number is issued.
• Permanent registration of the vehicle There is a provision under Section 39 of the Motor Vehicle Act that says every vehicle must have a registration number. Once you purchase a vehicle, you are asked to submit relevant documents within a week, which are then processed and verified, and once completed, a permanent vehicle registration number is issued.
RTO Gurgaon diligently approves and reforms the motor vehicle guidelines and practices as and when needed for the proper functioning of vehicles on the roads of Gurgaon and for managing seamless traffic.