Read about RTO office Chhattisgarh. For more information, check out the car & bike insurance policy from Kotak General Insurance.
The Regional Transport Office (RTO) in the city of Chhattisgarh is a government body operating under the Transport Department of Chhattisgarh; it performs many functions pertaining to transportation laws complying with the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
The major function of the RTO office in Chhattisgarh is to maintain a record of all information required by the transportation laws in our country. Continue reading to learn more about the particular operations the RTO office performs.
The RTO Office performs different operations that are involved in the process of making a driver’s licence. These include the following services:
• Issuing duplicate licence
• Renewal of driving licence
• Registration of new vehicles
• Collecting the taxes and penalties
• Conducting the driving tests
• Issuance and renewal of the Registration Certification (RC)
• Duplicate Registration Certificate
• No Objection Certification (NOC) to re-register your vehicle
• Transfer of Ownership
• Issuance & renewal of local permits for taxis
• Issuance & renewal of permits for PSV/school buses and trucks.
There are 30 RTO offices in Chhattisgarh. Here is the list of these offices, along with their location and RTO code:
Governor of Chhattisgarh
Government of Chhattisgarh
Baloda Bazar district
Every state has different norms for its transport departments. The difference can also be noticed in the types of driving licences issued within a state. The RTO office in Chhattisgarh issues the following types of driver’s licences:
1. For two-wheelers with gears
2. For two-wheelers without gears
3. For two-wheelers with an engine of 50cc or less capacity
4. For Light Motor Vehicles (LMV)
5. For LMV (Commercial purposes)
6. For Heavy Passenger motor vehicles
7. For Heavy Goods Motor Vehicles
8. For Heavy Trailers.
The RTO offices are the linchpin in keeping road safety in check by implementing the rules & regulations which you should always follow. It is important as residents of the state for everyone above the age of 18 to get their driving licences from their respective RTO office before they can drive across the city or to other states without violating any laws. You also need to have a valid motor insurance for your concerned vehicle, which is a legal necessity in India.