Introduction to RTO office Bihar
The Regional Transport Office (or RTO) or Regional Transport Authority (RTA) in Bihar is a government-regulated body that is tasked with overseeing compliance with traffic rules and their related aspects. Furthermore, all the vehicles in the state of Bihar need to be registered with this office. All the drivers in the state have to get a valid driving licence from these RTO offices to get legal validation for driving on the roads.
Functions of RTO office Bihar
The primary responsibility of the RTO department is to maintain a complete database of all types of registered vehicles running in the state or the respective city of India. Other key functions and responsibilities of the RTO office in Bihar are as follows -
1. Vehicle registration - RTO department issues permanent & temporary vehicle registration certificates.
2. Driving licence - Various types of driving licences are also issued by RTO.
3. Vehicle Inspection - RTO Bihar is also responsible for conducting vehicle inspections for valid documents, including RC, PUC, insurance, etc.
4. RTO is also tasked with the collection of road tax and pollution control tax.
5. It also provides the service of transferring the ownership of vehicles.
6. Imposing penalties for breach of laws, and collecting the fines.
List of ARTO & RTO offices in Bihar (with RTO code)
The RTO Bihar department operates under the provision described in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Bihar also has over 38 RTO offices, with each office having a unique RTO code.
Here is a detailed list of all the operational RTO & ARTO offices in the state of Bihar-
Types of Driving Licence (DL) issued at RTO office in Bihar
Following are the different types of driving licences issued by the RTO office in Bihar-
1. Learner’s licence
2. Permanent driving licence
3. Commercial driving licence
4. International driving permit
You can apply for your own driving licence from the official website of Bihar RTO. The RTO office is the administrative authority of the road transportation system, and you need to comply with all its rules & regulations, including getting valid motor insurance.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.