Know what a PUC certificate is, how to get a PUC certificate online, and the benefits of it. Check out the car insurance policy from Kotak General Insurance.
The air pollution continues to rise in India. Experts suggest that the rising number of two-wheelers and four-wheelers are one of the most significant contributors to the pollution. So, to keep vehicular pollution under check, the government of India has mandated all car and bike owners in India to regularly get their vehicle PUC (Pollution Under Control) tested and carry the PUC certificate always while they are driving on the public roads. If you are not sure what PUC is or how to get a PUC certificate online, read on to know more.
pollution under control certificate for cars certifies that your vehicle’s emission level is under the permissible limit. You can take your car to any government-authorised vehicle testing centre, get your car tested and obtain the PUC certificate. Y
ou can easily find emission testing centres at fuel stations across India. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, you must carry the copy of the latest PUC certificate every time you are out on the road. It is one of the important traffic rules that you must comply with. If you fail to do so, you may have to pay a hefty fine.
Getting a PUC certificate is easy. You must follow the following simple steps.
• Log into the official Ministry of Transport and Highways website – www.parivahan.gov.in
• Click on the PUC option under the Online Service tab
• Enter all the necessary details like car registration number, the last five digits of the chassis number, and the captcha code on the form that appears on the screen
• Next, click on the ‘Get PUC details’ button and see the last PUC test results
• If you want a hardcopy, go to the download option, save it on your computer and get a printout If you have recently got your car PUC tested and are waiting for the certificate, you can check the status online by following the below steps:
• Visit www.parivahan.gov.in
• Select the PUC option under the online services section
• On the new screen that appears on your computer, click on the ‘application status’ option
• Enter the application details and the captcha code
• Click on the view application details button to see the latest status of your PUC certificate
• Save mother nature Air pollution is one of the major causes of the drastic climate change we are facing globally. It makes the air that we breathe impure, which in turn can cause many respiratory and other health issues.
• Help you know your car’s condition The Pollution Under Control Certificate for New & Old Car certificate is valid only for six months, and you have to renew it periodically to avoid paying RTO fines.
So, when you get the certificate every six months, you can know about your car's emission levels. If the level is high, you may need to get your car serviced. This can also help you rectify any underlying issues immediately before it becomes a major issue.
Now that you know the importance of having a PUC certificate and the steps to get it, make sure that you always keep a copy of the valid certificate in your vehicle.