Motor insurance is a mandatory document under the Motor Vehicles Act, 2019. Besides the compulsion, a comprehensive motor insurance plan is a crucial investment as it financially protects your vehicle against unforeseen events. Thanks to the Internet, you can buy motor insurance online at anytime and anywhere!
When you buy a motor insurance policy, you should also be aware of the claim process to get the benefits.
A motor insurance claim is a process where you can ask your insurance company to compensate for the damages caused due to one of the many situations, such as accident, theft etc., or at times, when you require the insurance company to represent you or intervene on your behalf when you are responsible for any unintentional damages caused to a third party.
It is necessary to file the claim in advance in order to gain the benefit of cashless repair across the wide network of garages. If the garage does not fall in the network of the insurance company, you may file a reimbursement claim. The sooner you make a claim, the sooner the vehicle will be repaired, and you will be able to receive a quick reimbursement of the amount.
Motor Insurance claim process
The two-step motor insurance claim process is explained below. You may follow this for a two-wheeler, private car, commercial vehicle, and other vehicles.
Step 1: Submit a claim intimation form and inform us about the claim with details about the policy on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Submit all the necessary documents, including your Registration Certificate (RC) copy, driving license, and valid identity proof, along with the form.
A vehicle inspection will be conducted within 24 hours. If a motor accident claim is made on a Sunday or a public holiday, the inspection will be conducted on the next working day.
A motor insurance claim process may either be a cashless claim or a reimbursement claim.
• Cashless claimss
The confirmation and settlement will be done directly at a preferred network garage. You will have to pay for any other deductibles not covered under the insurance before collecting the vehicle from the garage.
1. Call 1 800 266 4545 (8 a.m. – 8 p.m.) or submit Claim Intimation Form via email on email@example.com to intimate us about your claim with your policy details.
2. All relevant documents to be submitted under terms & conditions.
3. Cashless confirmation and settlement will be done directly at a preferred network garage.
4. Pay deductibles as per policy terms & take delivery of your vehicle.
• Reimbursement claim
The vehicle will be repaired after the inspection, and you may take its delivery after clearing the bills. The payment will then be initiated within a week of receipt of the relevant documents.
1. Vehicle inspection will be conducted within 24 hours (if the claim is reported on a working day) or on the next working day (if reported on a Sunday/public holiday)
2. Repair vehicle and take delivery once you pay all the bills
3. Payment will be initiated within 7 days of receipt of all relevant documents under terms & conditions.
The above step-by-step guide will give you good knowledge about the formalities related to making a motor insurance claim. Whether the claim is small due to a minor accident, or a major claim for theft of the car, it is crucial to know the procedure to make the job simpler for you.
If you are looking to buy a car insurance policy online, choose from various policies with Kotak General Insurance and make the right decision towards safety.