Here is a guide on how to store your bike insurance documents in Digi locker, its benefits, and how to upload documents to Digi locker. Check out the bike insurance policy from Kotak General Insurance.
If you are a bike owner in India, you would know that you have to carry certain documents with you at all times while you are on the road. The traffic officials can ask you to present these documents at any time and anywhere.
However, it can be challenging to carry the physical copies of these documents always. To address this important issue, the government of India offers a solution in the form of DigiLocker. It allows you to store all your bike-related documents, including insurance papers, driving licence, vehicle registration certificate, etc., in a digital format.
DigiLocker is an acronym for Digital Locker. This digital locker allows you to keep all your bike-related documents stored safely and carry with you at all times. This helps eliminate the risk of losing or misplacing the vital papers as you need not carry physical papers.
If you lose any of the bike documents, getting a new one or a duplicate from the government agencies can be cumbersome and time consuming. So, tackle this issue, the Ministry of Electronics and IT. (Information Technology) launched DigiLocker, a digital locker service that you can access through mobile application or website.
The digital storage app allows you to store, access and authenticate the digital documents such as bike insurance policy, driving licence, and more. The documents stored in the government-approved DigiLocker are considered equivalent to physical documents under the Rule 9A of the Information Technology Rules, 2016.
Digilocker app is developed to support the idea of paperless governance and eliminate use of physical documents. The app can be downloaded from Playstore for Android users and App store for iOS users. You can present these documents anytime through the mobile to the authorities as and when needed.
• One of the most significant benefits of using DigiLocker is that it helps you save paperwork and avoid the hassles of handling too many papers. Instead, you can access any document you want with just a click of a button on your smartphone.
• You can keep all your important documents like PUC certificate, vehicle registration certificate, driving licence, insurance papers, etc, on a single platform.
• By using the DigiLocker, you can produce the necessary papers to the traffic authorities and avoid paying the fine.
• Keeping the vital documents stored in a digital format makes it easier to access and more importantly it is environment-friendly as it reduces the use of papers.
• Using DigiLocker makes it easier for you to validate the official documents as the government agencies use them.
• When you buy bike insurance online, you can immediately store the policy documents in DigiLocker; it is much safer than getting a printout as it completely eliminates the risk of loss or theft of these papers.
• Using DigiLocker involves no fees; one can access and share the documents anytime and anywhere, making it more convenient and time saving process.
If you are using the DigiLocker mobile app, follow the below steps to upload your bike insurance documents and keep it safe and secure.
Download the app on your smart mobile device and create your account (if you are a new user) or sign in using the mobile number/aadhaar number or username.
Select two-wheeler options under ‘Banking and Insurance’ section.
Enter your bike insurance policy number and the mobile number registered Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd.
The system will automatically fetch your policy papers in PDF format and save it in the DigiLocker account.
You can go to the ‘issued documents’ section to access the bike insurance document anytime you want.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of using DigiLocker and the steps to keep your policy papers secured in the app, do your due diligence and keep all your two-wheeler papers safe and handy.