Read about Car insurance policy cover against natural calamities. For more information, check out the car insurance from Kotak General Insurance.
Natural calamities do not arrive with prior notice. So, it is never possible to completely safeguard your car against damage when nature decides to cause a disaster. Therefore, it becomes essential you get your car insured against natural calamities. Read on to know what gets covered in natural calamity insurance for car.
It is only in a comprehensive car insurance policy that there is a provision for the protection of your automobile against natural calamities. There is no standalone car insurance coverage for the protection of your vehicle against natural calamities. However, most events are covered by a comprehensive car insurance plan. In fact, it is designed as such to bear the damage caused by natural calamities like earthquakes, cyclones, floods, storms, and so on. However, some add-ons can be availed with your motor insurance policy to include all possible events that occur due to damages done to your vehicle due to a natural calamity. The most common add-ons for car insurance are:
1. Engine protection covers any kind of damage to the engine which could result from flooding or water logging. Without this add-on, damages to your engine would not be covered in a comprehensive car insurance plan.
2. With consumables coverage, the add-on will take care of any damage to consumable items such as grease, clips, oil filter, AC gas, and many more that could be damaged due to a natural calamity like a flood.
3. Roadside assistance add-on in case you are stranded on the road because of a natural calamity.
4. With the depreciation coverage, you won’t have to worry about the cost of the depreciation of the vehicle’s various parts except for tyres and tubes.
A cashless claim is one of the most availed benefits of car insurance for natural calamities. If your car is hit by a natural calamity, you may raise a claim directly. After the insurer successfully verifies your car, the claim can be settled with either reimbursement or cashless.
In India, the comprehensive car insurance policy covers natural calamities along with man-made situations, including theft and fire. Now, you can easily get comprehensive car insurance online with the benefit of including necessary add-ons.
Now if you are in a position where you will have to claim for natural calamities, follow the following steps:
1. As the first step, you will have to collect evidence which may be in the form of photographs and videos of the damaged car from different angles or as new reports of the natural calamity. Also, make a note of the timeline of the calamity. Keep the care at the location of the disaster for hassle-free inspection.
2. Then contact your car insurance company to inform them about the damages. The company will send a surveyor who will inspect the damages and submit a report for analysis.
3. Once the claim gets approved, your car will be carried to the garage for repair. Submit all the documents to the car insurance company so the process of repairing can be started. For a cashless claim, the payment is to be done by the insurance company. In case of a reimbursement claim, you need to pay the bills from your pocket and then submit the bill and the payment receipt to the company to get the money reimbursed.
It is always advisable to take precautions when it comes to natural calamities. It becomes further unavoidable in the case of valuable possessions like cars. So, it is better to keep your car safe with the help of natural calamity insurance for car. Moreover, car insurance online has made it so accessible to avail of such services.
Visit Kotak General Insurance for More Information.