If you want to drive your car in Rajasthan or any part of the country without any hassles, a driving licence is a must. A driving licence can easily qualify as one of the most critical documents in the life of an adult. It is issued by the RTO or regional transport office and allows users to drive vehicles of specific classes, as mentioned in the document.
If you are living in Rajasthan and want to apply for a driving licence, here is everything that you need to know.
Different licence types in Rajasthan
Here are the different types of licences that you can opt for in Rajasthan.
1) Learner’s driving licence:
This is the first step in procuring a driving licence. You must first apply for a learner’s licence, which is a temporary document. A learner’s driving licence is valid for 6 months. Once you have a learner’s licence, you can use it to learn to drive.
2) Permanent driving licence:
After receiving a learner’s licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence within a month.
3) The type of licence:
Depending on your needs, you can apply from any one of the classes for your driving licence from any of the classes. You can choose from motorcycles with gear, motorcycles without equipment, light motor vehicles, and commercial licences such as light goods, medium goods, and heavy goods.
Eligibility criteria for driving licence
Whether you apply for an online driving licence or offline, here are some of the eligibility criteria.
1) The applicant must be 18 years old for a standard licence and 20 years old for a commercial licence.
2) The applicant must be aware of the traffic rules, road signs and regulations.
3) The applicant must apply for a learner’s licence first and within 30 days can apply for a permanent licence.
Documents needed for driving licence application:
The most important documents include:
1) Form no. 4 or application for driving licence
2) Passport size photographs
3) Proof of residence and age.
However, there could be a slight change in the list of documents needed, depending on the place and the vehicle you wish to drive and at what age. Please check the relevant list of documents carefully before applying.
Steps to apply for an online driving licence in Rajasthan:
Here are the steps you can follow to apply for an online driving licence in Rajasthan.
• Visit the official sarathi website at sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
• Select the state as Rajasthan
• Select apply for learner licence
• Select the new licence application and choose whether you want to proceed with the Aadhar authentication
• Enter the online application form
• Upload necessary documents
• Upload your photograph and signature on the portal
• Pay the necessary fees for the application
• Verify the payment receipt and take a printout of it
• Book a slot for a learner’s licence.
The process for a permanent driving licence remains the same, apart from the additional step of booking a slot for your driving licence test.
After applying for your driving licence, you can check the status of the application online. You must enter details such as application number, date of application and name to retrieve the information.
The above steps will help you with the process of applying for a driving licence in Rajasthan. Ensure that you have a valid licence to drive legally in the country.
Disclaimer: The content provided is for education and informational purpose only, none of the information contained in our blog amounts to any form of opinion or advice. Please go through policy related documents carefully or consult an expert before making any insurance-related decisions.