Updates over WhatsApp
In India, the monsoon is probably one of the most-awaited seasons of the year. The sweet scent of the soil (petrichor) after the first rain washes the ground fills everyone’s heart with joy. Besides, the rains are welcomed with wide open arms as it brings a massive relief from the sweltering heat that precedes the monsoon.
While monsoons let you breathe a sigh of relief from the heat, it also brings with it many challenges. The sudden rainfall may catch you off guard as you would have to prepare your car to get through the season. The pre-monsoon car maintenance not only helps you minimise the risk your car would face during the rains but also ensures that you have a hassle-free experience.
1. The car interiors get affected the most during the monsoons. Entering the car with muddy and wet shoes can lead to high levels of moisture build up in the car, causing a foul smell. So, the best way to keep the water and the dirt away is to put a plastic wrap around the seat and the carpet so that the water and dirt sticks to it and you can easily dust it off after it dries off.
2. Make sure to get the car AC service before the monsoon. You may use it overtime to reduce the moisture and so you need to keep it in the best shape.
3. Check your braking system, lights (head light, tail light and fog light) and the wipers are functioning efficiently. While driving in the monsoon, the visibility may be low so ensure that all the lights are functioning properly. Similarly, the wet roads can have a significant impact on the car brakes. So, ensure that you get it checked to avoid the risk of failure.
4. You also need to keep the bonnet of the car clean. Leaves and dirt tend to get accumulated under the bonnet which in turn can block the water drainage gutters and further lead to rusting. Hence, it is necessary that the areas under the bonnet and the boot of the car is free from any kind of dust accumulation.
5. In order to protect the paint of your vehicle from rain and moisture side-effects, you can apply a paint protection film. This can be expensive option. As an alternative, you can opt for ceramic paint protection or use simple car wax or polish your car’s paint.
6. Lastly, check your car insurance. If it is up for renewal, get it renewed beforehand. The risk of car damage is higher in monsoon than in any other season. So, have a valid insurance in place so that you can get financial protection if anything unexpected happens.
While you may enjoy the rains, you must take care of your car. For the best car insurance, you can consider buying a policy from Kotak General Insurance. You can visit kotakgeneral.com to buy the policy by yourself or get in touch with the customer service experts through online chat and the expert will help you get the best coverage to suit your specific needs.
I/we give my/our consent to receive information in respect of policy servicing, claim servicing, updates on my policy, updates on new and existing product, marketing or servicing my relationship with Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited, its group companies/associates or agents through Telephone/Mobile/SMS/e-Mail, etc. Further, i/we understand that my/our consent to receive calls/communications shall be valid and shall prevail over my/our current or any subsequent registration of my/our number for the NDNC and shall continue to be treated as my/our consent/acceptance. (If you do not wish to accord your consent, please submit a Do Not Call (DNC) form alongwith this form.
I/we have understood the form, including the clause on consent to call, and i/we have agreed the same after understanding and accepting the terms contained therein.
Benefits of car insurance
A car insurance can help you offset substantial financial loss that you may incur because of damage caused to your car
Must have Add On Covers for Car Insurance
A basic comprehensive car insurance covers damage to car, 3rd party liability and theft & loss of vehicle.
Right time to buy vehicle insurance
Buying a vehicle insurance is an important decision and you need to ensure that you make a timely purchase of vehicle insurance
Know How Car Insurance Premium Is Calculated
Car insurance premium calculation is based on various important factors. Learn about these factors.
Rules to follow for safe driving
Know About The Important Road Safety Rules To Follow
Significance of a motor vehicle insurance policy
Apart from financial security, know in what all ways a motor insurance policy is significant.
Maintenance tips for car engine
Follow these maintenance tips and buy a car insurance with engine protection cover to keep engine secure.
Monsoon Tips for Car
Simple tips to help you stay safe and keep your car moving ahead during monsoon.
What is Zero Depreciation Cover
Read on to understand what is zero depreciation car insurance cover and how it works.
Questions Regarding Motor Insurance Policies
Essential questions answered about motor insurance policies in India.
To optimise our site experience on your handheld device, please hold your phone vertically.