Updates over WhatsApp
Old age are said to be the golden age. And the golden age should be spent with no worries about financial strains, especially due to healthcare emergencies. That is why senior citizens over 60 years of age are offered certain tax exemptions on their health insurance premiums and medical bills under section 80D of the income tax act.
Below are the tax exemptions that can be availed by senior citizens on their medical expenses.
1. If the individual is over 60 years of age, he/she can avail of a tax deduction of up to INR 50,000 on their health insurance premiums and medical expenses.
2. If the health insurance premium is paid by the children (below 60 years) of senior citizens, they can avail of a tax deduction of up to INR 75,000 (INR 25,000+INR 50,000).
3. If the health insurance plan premium is paid by individuals who are over 60 for their senior citizen parents, they can avail of a tax exemption of up to INR 1,00,000 (INR 50,000+INR 50,000).
4. There is also an additional tax benefit of INR 5,000, which can be availed of for preventive health check-ups.
The table given below will give you a clearer picture of the tax benefits:
The older you get, the more disease-prone you may become. This is because of ageing, weak immunity, and long-term diseases. Considering these factors, health insurance providers offer various exclusive and customised policies for senior citizens. Hence, while choosing the health insurance plan, you must be mindful and check the appropriate deductible and portion of co-payments.
• You can claim tax deductions on your health insurance premiums and the riders you choose. This benefit applies to premiums paid for yourself, your spouse, your children, your parents, etc.
• Apart from tax deductions, your health insurance providers offer cashless treatments with the latest equipment and the finest therapies in their network hospitals.
• You are covered with AYUSH treatments.
• Many companies offer a lower waiting period.
• You get to enjoy lifelong policy renewal facilities.
• Your insurance provider covers the pre and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare treatment, ICU and ambulance expenses.
The major expense of your hospitalisation is borne by your health insurance provider. Having a health insurance plan that offers you efficient and timely treatment is imperative. Regular preventive check-ups allow you to detect any critical illness at the beginning so that you can take good care of yourself and your family.
Tips to follow for healthy lifestyle
With ever changing lifestyle and busy schedules, we must adopt certain lifestyle habits to lead a healthy and balanced life.
Must have add on covers for health insurance
Increasing need for financial planning and uncertainty of medical emergency, a health insurance plan becomes a must have for individuals.
How to avoid sickness during season change
Ways To Avoid Getting Sick When Season Changes
Healthy Resolutions For New Year
Various resolutions you can adopt for a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy diet for winters
Know why a nourishing diet and medical insurance are essential for healthy living.
Exercising tips for a healthy heart
Exercising is the key to healthy heart. Here are some exercising tips you can follow.
Tips on How to Stop Smoking
Know why smoking is injurious to health and tips on how to stop smoking.
Benefits of yoga
Did you know why International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st June?
Monsoon Tips For Health
Simple tips that one can follow to ensure their well-being when the sky Gods rain havoc.
Diabetes and its management
Importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and controlling the disease