Read about total permanent disability (TPD) insurance. For more information, check out the health insurance plans from Kotak General Insurance."
Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone. What curveball life throws at you at any given moment cannot be predicted. What can be done, though, is to equip yourself in case a life-changing situation occurs.
May it never come to pass, but what would you do if something were to happen to you that would make it impossible for you to go out and earn? Would you not wish there was some sort of financial security for you and your loved ones in that situation? Well! There is a solution - TPD (Total Permanent Disability) insurance.
Total permanent disability (TPD) cover is a type of insurance that provides payment to an individual if they become totally and permanently disabled and are unable to work. It is designed to provide financial support to individuals and their families in the event of an unforeseen disability that prevents them from working and earning an income.
TPD insurance typically covers total permanent disability resulting from an accident or illness, and the policyholder must be unable to work in their own occupation or any other occupation that they are qualified for.
There are two types of TPD Insurance Cover:
1. Standalone TPD insurance is a separate insurance policy that provides coverage specifically for total permanent disability. This type of policy typically provides a higher payout than TPD insurance as part of a life insurance policy.
2. TPD insurance, as an add-on with your personal accident cover, provides coverage for both death and total permanent disability. This type of policy is usually less expensive than standalone TPD insurance, but the payout may be lower.
You may choose to buy either Standalone TPD Cover or a disability add-on cover along with your Personal Accident Cover. Standalone TPD will offer broad-ranged coverage for permanent illness or accidental injuries.
TPD Insurance coverage has two main benefits:
1. Financial security: it provides financial support to individuals who are unable to work due to total permanent disability. This payment can be used to cover medical expenses, living expenses, and any other costs associated with the disability.
2. Carry on with self-respect: TPS insurance coverage can help individuals meet necessities and let their family members continue to wot education and their requirements without any issues.
3. Peace of mind: It can provide peace of mind to individuals and their families. Knowing that they are financially protected in the event of total permanent disability can alleviate some of the stress and anxiety that may come with a disability.
Keep in mind
It is important to note that health insurance companies categorize disabilities as either temporary or permanent and provide benefits after evaluating the condition. In case curative treatment options are available or retirement does not occur due to the disability, the person won't be eligible for TPD benefits.
Overall, total permanent disability Cover provides financial support to individuals who have been permanently disabled and are unable to work. It is a smart decision to buy a TPD Cover that fits your preferences and offers you and your family a financially secure future.
Visit Kotak General Insurance for More Information