Learn about best fitness workouts/exercises to keep your heart healthy. For more information, check out the health insurance policy from Kotak General Insurance.
One of the best things to stay in good shape is to have a healthy heart. As we all know, the most preferred & natural way to do it is to exercise daily along with having a balanced diet.
As per the heart specialists, if you don’t exercise, you are more likely to get heart disease as compared to those who do. You need to develop a habit of doing fitness workouts and exercise daily if you have a history of heart disease or are likely to develop one. The moderate exercise you have to do every week, according to experts, is around 90-150 minutes.
There are six effective exercises you can resort to for a healthy heart.
1. Walking: Walking seems to sound easy, but speed walking is the best way to keep your heart healthy, and it is easier on your joints compared to other types of exercise. Habituate yourself with a short walk during lunch break or a longer walk someday. The flexibility of walking makes it easy for anyone to do and keeps doing it.
2. Swimming: Swimming laps or water aerobics class is a great way to strengthen your body and improve your heart health. Swimming helps you to strengthen your joints and allows you to move your body without pain.
3. Yoga: Yoga is a great exercise to achieve and maintain a healthy heart. Moreover, it helps you strengthen and tone your muscles. There are certain kinds of yoga that help you with your heart rate. It also provides calmness that will lower your blood pressure.
4. Weight Training:Building muscles in your body will help your heart a lot. Weight lifting helps you to gain some mass and burn fat and cholesterol, which is also a reason for having heart disease. You can also hit the gym to train your body with heavy weights or do some cardio. Weight training activities, like push-ups, squats, or pull-ups, will help you to build muscle and attain a healthy heart.
5. Cycling: According to experts, cycling has been proven to help reduce the risk of heart-related diseases. While cycling, the large muscles of your body, that is, in your legs, help to increase your heart rate. Not only the health of your heart but cycling has also been shown to improve your mental health.
6. Interval Training: Interval training is the best way to get a full-sized fitness workout in a very short amount of time, which alternates between short bursts of high-intensity interval exercises with longer periods of active recovery. Interval training includes running for 1-2 minutes and walking for 3 minutes, then repeating the cycling. Lowering and elevating your heart rate burns calories & improves the function of your blood vessels.
Whether you choose to swim every morning, do yoga three times a week, or go speed walking with a friend, regular exercise is essential for taking care of your heart. Before beginning an exercise routine, always talk to your doctor.